Ever been in Asia and overwhelmed by the number of beauty products available? If you are wanting to try J-Beauty, @cosme is the way to go.
Founded in 1999, @cosme (pronounced in Japanese as ‘atto kosume’) is Japan’s largest cosmetics and beauty website. With 17 million monthly views, @cosme is the go-to for those interested in J-Beauty.
The winners of @cosme beauty awards are determined based on the average number of reviews and points left by users from November 1, 2021 through to April 30, 2022, with a staggering 86,330 reviews. Each winner is then able to include a very distinctive sticker on its packaging with the @cosme award logo so that shoppers can easily see which ones won @cosme awards.
The product categories are first divided into High Price Division; Middle Price Division and Low Price Division.
The winners include Grand Prize Winners (across all prices); winners in Face, Lip and Eye makeup; Skincare; Haircare; and Nails. The products do not only include Japanese products but include beauty products from around the world. Some international brands also create products exclusive to the Japanese market.
Here are my top picks from the winners from the various categories that are worth trying.
The definite must-tries are the ten Grand Prize Winners (a mixture of high price to low price):
- First place: FANCL Mild Cleansing Oil
- Second Place: Dior Skin Forever Fluid Glow
- Third Place: Addiction The Blush Nuancer
- Fourth Place: Dramatic Essence Liquid by MaQuillage (this also won best new liquid foundation in the Middle Price Division)
- Fifth Place: Kanebo Veil of Day (with SPF50 PA+++, a light beauty essence with sunscreen)
- Sixth Place: Hydraclarity Medicinal Treatment Essence Water by Cosme de Corte (a toner to help with the appearance of pores and acne)
- Seventh Place: Rouge Volupte Candy Glaze by YSL
- Eighth Place: All Fix Mascara by rom&nd
- Ninth Place: Marshmallow Finish Powder (Abloom) by Canmake
- Tenth Place: UV Idea XL Protection Tone Up Clear by La Roche Posay
Other interesting products of note include:
- Winner of Best Face Mask: TIRTIR Collagen Core Glow Mask (a unique bubble mask which contains nine types of collagen)
- Winner of Best Middle Price Sunscreen: ANESSA Day serum (an innovative sunscreen and serum combo that claims to turn sunlight into light. It has a luminescence to it and it is also a colour corrector)
- Winner of Best New eyeshadow Palette: Beige tone eyeshadow by Cezanne
- Winner of Best New Liquid Rouge: rom&nd duiful water tint
- Winner of Best New Eyeliner: Love Liner Liquid Eyeliner R4 by msh
Read the current issue of our digital magazine below: