Another global beauty trade show has been postponed due to the outbreak of coronavirus in Europe.
Following the announcement that of Cosmoprof Worldwide Bologna has been postponed from March 12-16 until June 11-15, in-cosmetics Global has followed suit, postponing its event from March 31 – April 2 until June 30 – July 2.
The announcement was made via a press statement from Reed Exhibitions, organisers of in-cosmetics Global, on March 5.
In the statement Cathy Laporte, portfolio director at Reed Exhibitions, said: “The health and safety of our exhibitors, visitors and staff is our number one priority. After many weeks monitoring the evolving situation around COVID-19 and the notices issued by the World Health Organisation and other relevant governments and local authorities, and in close coordination with all partners involved, we have postponed the event to June.”
Cathy said the decision was difficult “because of the major importance of this event to the personal care industry”.
“We believe it is the best course of action for all involved to ensure we can deliver a high-quality business event later in the year that offers value for both our exhibitors and attendees. We look forward to returning to Barcelona at the end of June and thank our exhibitors, partners, suppliers and visitors for their support during this challenging time.”
This year is the 30th anniversary of the global trade show.
Last year more than 12,000 visitors attended the show in Paris who travelled to see the 843 personal care suppliers of ingredients, fragrances, lab equipment, testing and regulatory solutions.