Beauty awards are relatively common in the beauty industry and are often held by various organisations, brands, or retailers to recognise and celebrate outstanding products and achievements in the beauty and skincare sector.
David Jones is an iconic department store chain with a rich history dating back to 1838, when it was founded by David Jones, a Welsh merchant, in Sydney.
The retailer hosted its 2023 Beauty Awards at the Elizabeth Street Flagship store which saw the return of legendary supermodel and former David Jones ambassador, Lauren Hutton.
More than half a century ago, Lauren Hutton made a significant impact on the modelling industry before becoming a brand ambassador for David Jones in 1997. For the following four years, she graced numerous campaigns and commercials, leaving an indelible mark on the brand before passing on the official ambassador role to Megan Gale in 2001. Despite the transition, Lauren’s career continued to soar, showcasing her timeless beauty, even at the age of 79.
As a distinguished guest at the Beauty Awards, Lauren participated in a special Q&A session, guided by the host and Friend of David Jones, Eleanor Pendleton, where they delved into the concept of beauty from within. During the event, the most prestigious and sought-after product was celebrated, with Lauren presenting the Hall of Fame Award to La Mer Crème de la Mer.
Showcasing the best in beauty, from cult favourites to new formulations, 16 products across various categories including skincare, makeup, fragrance, and wellness were awarded as winners by some of Australia’s leading beauty experts, including celebrity makeup artists Max May and Victoria Baron, celebrity facialist, Ingrid Seaburn and leading medical dermatologist, Dr Shammi Theesan.
Almost 20,000 David Jones customers cast their votes for their favourite product for the People’s Choice Award, with Chanel’s Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum announced as the winner.
A full list of the winners below:
- Moisturiser – La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Cream
- Serum – Lancôme Absolute The Serum
- Cleanser – Rationale #4 The Cleanser
- Actives – Sisley Exfoliating Enzyme Mask
- Eye – Dior Iconic Overcurl Mascara
- Lip – Hermès Rouge Satin Lipstick
- Base – Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk
- Niche – Parfums De Marly Valaya EDP
- Home – Jo Malone London English Pear and Freesia Candle
- Personal – Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
- Dyson Corrale Cordless Hair Straightener
- Ultra Violette Queen Screen SPF 50+ Lightweight Sunscreen
- Kissed Earth Brilliance Unflavoured Bovine Collagen
Sexual Wellness Category
- Lovehoney Mon Ami Pleasure Air Suction Stimulator
Hall of Fame Category
- La Mer Crème de la Mer
- La Prairie Signature Facial
People’s Choice Award
- Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum
Images from the David Jones 2023 Beauty Awards below:
Read the current issue of our digital magazine below: